4 confirmed dead, 159 missing after condo building collapse in Florida

0
65

At least four people were confirmed dead and 159 others were missing as of Friday evening in catastrophic condo building collapse in Florida. (Photo – Miami-Dade Fire Rescue)

Daniella Levine Cava, the Mayor of Miami-Dade County, told reporters earlier this evening “Unfortunately, the numbers are the same that they were this morning. We have not found anybody else in today’s search but through the night night we will continue and God willing there will be some good news, later tonight or in the morning.”

A large section of Champlain Towers in Surfside crumbled to the ground in the early hours of Thursday.

Meanwhile, Marc Garneau, the Foreign Affairs Minister of Canada, said the Canadian officials are in contact with the affected families and stand ready to assist Canadians in need.

“Our hearts go out to those impacted by the collapse of a condo building in Surfside, Florida. Canadian officials are in contact with the affected families & stand ready to assist Canadians in need. We are grateful for the emergency workers providing urgent support on the ground,” Garneau said in a Twitter post.

Prime Minister Just Trudeau also took to Twitter to comment on the collapse. “Those who have lost a loved one, to those who have been injured, and to those who are waiting for news about someone who is still missing: know that you are in our thoughts, and Canadians are here for you,” Trudeau tweeted.

Advertisement

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here